How We Partner
Bankers without Borders® partners with microfinance institutions (MFIs) and other global poverty focused organizations to:
- Identify your organization’s priority needs and develop scopes of work/technical requirements for related volunteer consulting projects
- Manage recruitment and selection of qualified volunteer consultants
- Ensure volunteer consultants are familiar with basic microfinance concepts and operations
- Provide orientation and logistics support to volunteer consultants
- Support your organization’s management and supervision of the project and
- Measure the results and value of the volunteer project
Bankers without Borders is a global reserve of more than 6,500 business professionals from a variety of countries and industries. These pro bono consultants contribute their time, skills, and experience on a volunteer basis to support microfinance and technology solutions. Through on-site and remote consulting projects, training and mentoring, Bankers without Borders members work to increase the scale, sustainability, and impact of the microfinance organizations they support.
We can support a diverse range of projects to address a variety of organizational needs, such as training in technical assistance, IT, financial, management, governance and other matters.
Our members can perform:
- Financial research and analysis
- Risk management and internal controls
- Treasury management
- Marketing and new product development
- Human capital management
- Business and strategic planning
- Business process review and management
- Technology investments and implementation
- And more.
Projects vary in length, location, and focus. A project typically requires a commitment of between two weeks and four months. Because many of our volunteer consultants are working professionals, we try to design projects that meet your organizational needs while also taking into the account their time availability.
As a partner for Bankers without Borders services, your organization is responsible for:
- Final selection of volunteer(s) from a shortlist of qualified candidates;
- Input and sign-off on project requirements and scope of work;
- Project-related training, supervision and oversight of the volunteer(s);
- Covering all or part of related travel expenses (airfare, local accommodations, per diem);
- Assistance in identifying local accommodations; and
- Assistance in evaluating project success and overall impact.
To request assistance, please complete this application.